Here’s some analysis from Asa Bennett showing that David Cameron’s £7 billion tax giveaway is set to benefit the rich and the very rich. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/01/david-cameron-tax-pledges-graphs_n_5912072.html
The Never Ending Road.
In Corona, California there once was a road known by most of the older locals as the never ending road. Specifically, the road’s true name was Lester Road.
However, 70 years ago, Lester Road was an unlit road that people claimed became a never ending road when driven at night. The people who made such a drive were never seen or heard from again.The legend became so well-known that people refused to even drive Lester Road during the day.
Perpetuation of the legend convinced local law enforcement to investigate around the 1960’s. Lester Road took a sharp left turn at its end, and there were no guard rails. Beyond the curve lay a canyon, and on the other side of the canyon was another road that lined up so well with Lester Road that when viewed from the correct angle, especially at night, the canyon vanished from sight, and the road seemed to continue on up and over the hill on the other side of the canyon. Upon investigation of the canyon, dozens of cars were found, fallen to their doom, with the decomposing bodies of the victims still strapped to their seats.
Law enforcement tried to cover up their findings. They closed down Lester road, letting the trees grow where the road once stood and letting the bodies remain in their final resting place.
imagine: a court system where you do not know the gender, race, sexual orientation, wealth, name, ect. of the person being charged
think of how different the punishments would be
byebye weak ass homophobic/transphobic legal defenses.
Solidarity, on a global scale.
The solidarity never left us
for those not in the know, night witches were russian lady bombers who bombed the shit out of german lines in WW2. Thing is though, they had the oldest, noisiest, crappest planes in the entire world. The engines used to conk out halfway through their missions, so they had to climb out on the wings mid flight to restart the props. the planes were also so noisy that to stop germans from hearing them combing and starting up their anti aircraft guns, they’d climb up to a certain height, coast down to german positions, drop their bombs, restart their engines in midair, and get the fuck out of dodge.
their leader flew over 200 missions and was never captured.
how the fuck is this not taught in every single history class ever
girl pilots (◕‿◕✿)
girl pilots killing nazis ✧･ﾟ: *✧･ﾟ:* \(◕ヮ◕✿)/ *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧
But, remember, women never did anything in history.
I’m reblogging this again. Always reblogging. Always
This needs to be a movie (starring Kristen Stewart)
Kristen Stewart, Britney Snow, Sophia Bush, and Anna Kendrick
With Eve Myles as the leader of the squadron
1. Always post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, then write 11 new ones.
3. Tag 11 people then link them to the post.
4. Tell them you tagged them.
5. Tell the person that tagged you when you’ve answered the questions.
1) What is a word you have the tendency to spell wrong?
Wednesday (I have to use the spell checker every time)
2) What is the best birthday present you ever received?
I haven’t really had one that stands out. My birthdays have generally been kind of shitty.
3) Tell me some of your pet peeves?
When people let their dogs off leash in areas that have a leash law and can’t keep them under control.
4) What type of person do you see yourself with? (no celebs. like describe your ideal person)
Someone funny, laid back, and able to keep me on track.
5) What is a quick way for you to end a friendship?
Tell them that I don’t want to talk to them anymore.
6) Quick! What’s to your left!? Whatever it is, you will use to fight off an infected vampire!?! What is it? And will you be able to survive?
A three-hole punch. I dunno, maybe if I’m lucky I’ll survive.
7) Think back to 2007, how old were you? Were you dating anyone? At that time, what was the most important thing in your life?
I was 16, not dating anyone, and the most important thing in my life was getting out of the little town I was stuck in.
8) Pick 5 different music genres! Now. Recommend me some songs! (plz)
Punk rock (Rise Against), Alternative Rock (Thousand Foot Krutch), Screamo (Woe is Me), Industrial (Grendel), and Techno (DJ Tiesto)
9) What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail…I thought it was stupid.
10) Everyone has hidden talents, what are yours?! (think long and hard!)
Creative Writing, website design, and poetry.
11) If you could have any job, regardless of how silly it is, what would you be? (it can be a dinosaur wrangler, idc! just tell me)
A Tenure Professor at a good University in a liberal part of the country, or in a more liberal country.
1) Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
2) When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
3) For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
4) If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
5) If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
6) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
7) If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
8) If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
9) What would you name the autobiography of your life?
10) What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
11) The best part of waking up is?
I tag: matildaswormwood,magneto-goes-to-washington, lindsaysmendez, brutalductape, joncain, insertwittyremark89
(I don’t have 11 friends I want to tag so this will have to do :P)